The Family Child Care (FCC) Credential is for professionals working as family child care providers for children ages birth through 12 years. To earn the FCC Credential you will need to have specific levels of training, education and experience.
If you recently attended (since 2014) and completed the required FCC courses at one of the Entitled Institutions below, your application will be processed through the Entitled Route. If you did not, your application will go through the Direct Route process. To apply for the Family Child Care Credential, you will submit official transcripts and/or credential approved training certificates to validate your education and training. A Work and Practical Experience Form must also be completed. To make it easier the Steps to Apply are the same for either route.
Steps to Apply
- Become a Gateways Registry member.
- Download the Family Child Care Credential Application.
- Fill out the Supplement Application including the Work & Practical Experience Form and Information Update Form.
- Enclose a $65 check for credential fee (made payable to INCCRRA) or make a payment online by logging into your Registry Dashboard. Click on My Registry and then choose the Make a Payment section.
- Mail these documents to:
1226 Towanda Plaza
Bloomington, IL 61701
Entitled for the FCC Credential
If you recently attended (since 2014) and completed the required FCC courses at one of the Entitled Institutions below, your application will be processed through the Entitled Route.
- Harper College (Levels 2-4)
- Oakton Community College (Levels 2-4)
- Parkland College (Levels 2-4)
- St. Augustine College (Levels 2-4)
- National Louis University (Level 5)
- Rockford University (Level 5)