SAYD Level 1
To earn an SAYD Credential Level 1 you will need to complete the required training series. You can find training in your area by searching the Gateways Training Calendar, type SAYD in the keywords field and then search. Once you have completed all 16 modules of the SAYD curriculum the Gateways SAYD Credential Level 1 will be automatically awarded to you. You will receive your Credential in the mail.
SAYD Levels 2-5
You can earn the Gateways SAYD Credential by compiling your education, experience and qualifications or attending an entitled institution and completing the required program. If you recently attended (since 2014) and completed the required SAYD courses at one of the Entitled Institutions below, your application will be processed through the Entitled Route. If you did not, your application will go through the Direct Route process. To make it easier on you the Steps to Apply are the same.
Steps to Apply
- Become a Gateways Registry member.
- Download the School-Age & Youth Development Application.
- Fill out the Supplement Application including the Work & Practical Experience Form and Information Update Form.
- Enclose a $65 check for credential fee (made payable to INCCRRA) or make a payment online by logging into your Registry Dashboard. Click on My Registry and then choose the Make a Payment section.
- Mail these documents to:
1226 Towanda Plaza
Bloomington, IL 61701
Entitled for the SAYD Credential
If you recently attended (since 2014) and completed the required SAYD courses at one of the Entitled Institutions below, your application will be processed through the Entitled Route.
- Harold Washington College (Levels 2-4)
- Kankakee Community College (Levels 2-4)
- Waubonsee Community College (Levels 2 and 4)
- Eastern Illinois University (Level 3)
- Millikin University (Level 5)
- University of Illinois at Chicago (Level 5)