Being awarded a Gateways Scholarship comes with responsibilities. Read through this information to understand what is required to continue receiving your scholarship.
- Read the Gateways Scholarship Program FAQ.
- Contact your Gateways Scholarship Counselor when you are ready to enroll for each term. Until your Counselor authorizes your courses, your school will hold you responsible for the full cost of tuition.
Semester Hour Schools Authorization Timeframes Quarter Hour Schools Authorization Timeframes Fall Semester: July 1st-August 31st Fall Term: July 1st-October 31st Spring Semester: October 1st-January 31st Winter Term: November 1st-January 31st Summer Semester: April 1st-May 31st Spring Term: February 1st-April 30th Summer Term I: May 1st-June 15th Summer Term II: July 1st-July
- Send in your grade reports at the end of each semester or term.
- Pay your portion of the tuition to your college or university.
- Complete your contract period by sending in all required documentation. - See FAQ or Supplement Application Checklist (all contracts end June 30th each year)
- Fulfill your commitment to early care and education or school-age care as follows:
- 6 months for completion of a coursework contract
- 1 year for associate's degree completion.
- 1 year for bachelor's or master's degree completion.
- 1 year for certificate, approval, endorsement completion.
Scholarship recipients who do not complete their work commitment period in an eligible early care and education or school-age care program are responsible for reimbursing Gateways the cost their last contract.
The work commitment period must be completed in one of the following early care and education or school-age care programs:
- IDCFS licensed full-day, full-year family/group child care home
- IDCFS licensed full-day, full-year child care center
- Licensed school-age program operating a minimum of nine months a year
- Illinois State Board of Education funded Preschool for All program